Yum! I love ice cream and never thought there could be a healthy substitute. Behold! A clean eating recipe that was approved by Daddy and Baby. Cocao powder has iron, magnesium and zinc. Peanut butter has protein. And bananas have potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, manganese and fiber. Can’t wait to try some other similar recipes like cherry almond ice cream or strawberry banana ice cream!
Clean Eating Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups frozen bananas, thawed on the countertop for about 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (more if you want)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (more if you want)
- Allow the bananas to sit out on the counter so they just begin to thaw (just barely).
- Put the bananas through the Yonana’s machine (or in a processor or Vitamix with a small splash of milk and blend till smooth).
- Stir in the peanut butter and cocoa powder. Mix well and serve.
(Data is for 1/2 the recipe)
Total Fat: 9 gm
Saturated Fats: 2 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 78 mg
Carbohydrates: 39 gm
Dietary fiber: 5 gm
Sugars: 19 gm
Protein: 5 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 13