Here are a few more activity ideas from our Montessori-inspired shelf.
The pictures show…
– An example of our shelf this week.
– An activity showing one-to-one correspondence. The child places each bead into the ice-cube tray. There are exactly enough beads to fill the tray.
– In the next activity the child places fake money into the slot cut out of the yogurt cup. You can discuss value and math and the child practices fine motor skills.
– In the next activity the child places wooden beads onto pipe cleaners and matches the colors.
– I often put out objects along with words. I prefer the actual object to pictures of the words. B doesn’t read the words but we talk about the first letter sounds.
– The next is a puzzle practicing letter sounds.
– The last pictures shows a new toy Nana give B for his birthday. B loves trucks and any activity where the child practices grip and twisting helps with early writing skills.
Microsoft PowerPoint – Campus Beautification Day.pptx