I’m now 40 weeks and a few days along in my pregnancy. As a doula and having already had one baby, I know my due date is a “guess date” at best. Every baby is different, right? BUT there is something about that magical date that changes everyone’s attitude (including mine). All of sudden you are “late”. However, about half of all moms (mainly first time moms) will delivery AFTER their due date. So you should feel “normal” right? Maybe not. You may need to work even harder to have a relaxed and positive attitude.
What are some ways to make this time during pregnancy relaxing and fun?
– Eliminate using words such as “waiting”, “wondering”, or “worrying”
– Repeat positive affirmation – post stickie notes around the house that say things like “Baby is safe and will come at the right time!” or “I love being pregnant!”
– How many date nights can you fit in before baby arrives? Make it game!
– Get a massage – try a special pregnancy massage
– Walk and stretch – it may be the last thought on your mind but keep moving
OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS? What did you do or do you recommend to moms in those last few days of pregnancy?